FREE KINDLE FOR PC

FREE KINDLE FOR PC
So you can read my books

Monday, September 4, 2017

TO END AS I STARTED_IWSG post


 Cover by the talented Drusilla Morgan

My very first anthology inclusion came with STORIES FOR SENDAI:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1463574215/

A collection of inspirational short stories loosely themed around the strength of the human spirit. 

All proceeds were donated to GlobalGiving in aid of victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.



Since then, I have been graciously accepted by other anthologies.

Some of those experiences were more rewarding than others.

I seriously considered to cease submitting to anthologies.


But then, I learned of 
LIKE A WOMAN ANTHOLOGY

The anthology editors, authors, cover artist, proof readers, etc. are all volunteers.  

The stories are donations by the authors.

All proceeds of the anthology will go to a charity 

that supports women who are survivors of domestic abuse. 

What a noble cause, right?

Last night, Mirren Hogan, one of the three editors,

(resident of NSW Australia, wife, mother, Food Person to dog, cat, and countless birds 

with advanced degrees in education and writing)

let me know my story was accepted!

Mirren writes urban fantasy, science fiction, and historical fiction.


My last anthology, like my first, 
will be to help hurting others.

Of course, nothing in publishing ever runs smoothly, 

so the original publisher can no longer handle this anthology.

Still  

Mirren, Jeanette O’Hagan and Christina Aitken 

are going to push on and publish the anthology themselves.  

Wish them luck.  

If you have any ideas that may help them, visit their FB page:

This great endeavor reminds me of the lyrics to Thea Gilmore's song:
"Start As We Mean To Go On"

We’re gonna do what must be done
And start as we mean to go on
Well, we came to the party late
But we’re staying here to see the sun
And start as we mean to go on.


So we'll start the meter running
We're gonna start to count the cost
To see what we're becoming
And not what has been lost.


 

What do you hope to accomplish 
with your fiction?

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful symmetry :) Both great causes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. I'm just happy to be part of something that will help hurting innocents. :-)

      Delete
  3. I think fundraising anthologies are the best kind. Raises awareness of a cause and gets some great talent together at the same time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nick. Now, if only Mirren and her friends can get this anthology published where it can do some good to those in need1

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your acceptance to this anthology, and thanks for contributing to their good works. Honestly, my motivations are less altruistic. I hope my fiction will entertain, perhaps inspire, and earn me a little money on the side. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little money on the side, Rhonda, never hurts! :-) Like you, I hope my fiction will entertain those in need of it.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad your story will help others! That's awesome! Despite my crass wish to actually supplement some of our family income with my writing someday ... I am super thankful for some of the opportunities to be part of anthologies that have helped others - one helped heart research in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes you feel better knowing that perhaps your story helped a great cause, doesn't it? :-)

      Delete
  6. That IS a good cause.

    I'm hoping my fiction will one day reach a lot of people and be enjoyed by them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Misha, I hope my fiction will touch the hearts of a few, too! :-)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful anthology and congratulations! I worked on a similar project back in 2013, "The 'I Am Woman" Anthology, http://amzn.to/2wJpVlA. Wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be part of a great cause, isn't it, Donna? Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  8. That's wonderful that it all goes to such a good cause! I wish I had some helpful information in that area, but good luck with this project! I hope that my writing can do some good either by touching people with the stories or by going to a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, I know your stories touch those who read them. We all hope to connect with our readers!v :-)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! Sounds like you should stick with anthologies after all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Alex. I really only know about anthologies open for submission when friends tell me. I don't go looking anymore. Can't get into many anthologies like that, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete